My goal for this weekend was to repaint our bedroom. Which is how I found myself here:
Yup, that’s our ceiling fan in pieces on the bedroom floor!
See, after I finished patching all the little holes, I noticed how dusty the fan was and I had been meaning to clean it for a while. Unfortunately, the vacuum didn’t quite reach, so I did the next logical thing: I brought the fan to the vacuum.
…and then I decided I wasn’t really a fan of the antique bronze color, so I disassembled it and spray painted it.
I used to stand the screws up in Styrofoam, but it tends to melt when I spray it, plus I didn’t have any on hand. So I made little slits in a cereal box and stuck the screws in. The box held the screws perfectly in place and gave me easy access to the surfaces I wanted to cover.
Unfortunately, it was a bit windy out and I managed to nail my rings, which I hadn’t taken off. Fortunately, the paint scraped off easily. Oops!
Spray paint on skin makes for fun pictures!
Here’s the completed fan:
Still not perfect, but a little bit more acceptable, and WAY cheaper than just replacing it. And now I can finish start painting the bedroom!